Justice Acting Secretary Fredderick Vida on Tuesday said the culprits behind last week’s shooting inside the Senate building have already been “identified.”
“We’ve identified them, but I don’t want to preclude our panel, though it’s somewhat broad,” Vida said in response to a question inquiring about who the suspects are.
He explained that the investigation panel is not only probing the events of May 13 (Wednesday) — when the shooting occurred — but also the timeline which began on May 11 (Monday).
“As to who the culprit is, I don’t want to preempt it yet. As to the type of cases that will be filed, again, I don’t want to preempt my panel,” he said.
Meanwhile, Vida, in the same press conference, said the DOJ has received reports from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), and these findings have been turned over to the panel.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) is also set to submit its report on the shooting to Vida, which will be given to the probe team.